Saturday, January 26, 2013

Gel nails, a must have!

It was only a few months ago when I discovered gel nails, but I never got round to getting one done. I've always been curious to whats it like, but same time too stingy to spend on it. I kept allocating my spending funds on jewelery or clothing, or facial and what not. I saw my colleague, Ashley with her gel nails and it looked stunning. But still I didn't get it done because I didn't get the chance to for some reason.

All the while I had to paint my own nails, every 2-3 days, as it wears off so quickly when I do housework. It got to the point its frustrating because sometimes I'm just too..can't be bothered to remove the old polish and on with the new. And then I can't move at all. I am a very fidgety person, so my nails get ruined after I paint it. Argh!

 And then my friend Ling and I had a girls day out. Oh, how much I love girls day out. It was all about relaxing! She brought me to get my nails done (as well as massage, and then movie at Booragoon, Life of Pi, which is VERY good, I HIGHLY recommend it especially in 3D!) It wasn't exactly gel nails. At first I didn't know because I had no knowledge and I just wanted to go with the flow of the day, but when I jumped online (google my saviour) and researched, its supposed to be a jelly form like stuff in a tub/container. The powder and liquid one is acrylic. But its ok! I liked it anyway, just too bad it looked like a rushed job. (Thank you Ling! ^^)

So anyway, Ashley recommended I go to the one she goes to, which to my pleasant surprise, is near home! :D I can drive there, on my own, anytime bwhahahaah. I don't have to worry about Skip dropping me off or waiting for me or what not. You need to book beforehand as well.

The difference between these two nail salons is that the one I initially went does designs, but has high costs and only specializes in nails. The second one I went to is affordable and reasonable, but only do elegant painting and they also offer other services such as waxing and etc. A beauty salon basically. I've outgrown all the fancy looking nails, so I'm sticking to the elegant. Plus its best I don't have too fancy nails on because it might distract customers when they are viewing jewelery pieces at work.

By the way, Jacqui, the awesome lady who did my nails, has gel nails on til today for 15 YEARS!!!! Fascinating. It makes sense. Every time your nail grows, you put fillers. And then file off the length. Your nails are always having fresh gel nails on so its safe to constantly have gel nails on. So awesome.

 After filing, gel nails on, and on its way into the UV lamp.
I won't lie, as it dries up, it hurts a lil. I think its because its drying hard and fast on the natural nails, but its only for atleast 4-5 seconds, then its over.
 Left bottle, oil essence for the cuticle. Its REALLY good. My cuticles haven't peeled since I got one for myself. Tiny bottle for $5. $12 for the bigger bottle. I can't remember what ml it is. Sorry :(
Colour selecting time. Bloody hell I wish I have more than 10 fingers lolol.
Colour on. Back into the UV lamp.
All done. I stare at it everydayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
I highly recommend this place. Its at Shop 16, Shelley hub shopping cnetre, Tribute Street Shelley, Perth, Western Australia, 6148. Why? Because they are friendly, they're very personal with their customers, professional at what they do, and pretty damn affordable too. Call to make an appointment!

I am not paid or what not to write this entry. I am just spreading the joy!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment