Friday, January 25, 2013

Cant buy it? Make it!

After working at Swarovski, I have fallen in love with collecting figurines. Weird, because I'm normally not the kind to collect something I can rarely touch or use. But these, they're just too irresistible, for some odd reason :s. So, I managed to buy a few whenever I can afford, instead of jewellery. No regrets :D
But then I had a problem with where can I place them? So for weeks, the figurines I got myself stayed in their boxes/container. I hunted for glass cabinets, but I didn't like any of them, and being a tight arse, I did not want to spend more than $200 on it lol! Impossible bargain to look for, trust me I know. That is why, I just MAKE one!
So...I needed glass, even hard plastic is fine. I scouted around my house and found photo frames. These photo frames contained pictures of..well..useless photos. Like..flowers. lol. It belonged to the previous owner who gave it to us when we moved in. So there, I found glass. So I jumped online and found out how to cut glass and etc. All I needed is glue, and glass cutter and sandpaper. Eventhough I had the guide of photos and what not to help me with my project, I am too much of a wuss to do it myself. I waited for Skip to wake up and help me. By help I meant, do most of it for me HAHA. Nah, kidding. It became our project. He did most of the labour job. I watched most of the time anxiously. It is scary to watch.
First you gotta make a scratch to where you want your glass to break off. And then you tap it to allow the scratch to create a deep crack. Did it right the first few faces we need, then crack the rest accidentally lol.
Picture above is where we duct tape them to keep them in place. We then glue them together and waited 24 hours before you can touch it again. And here it is!
And now.. the final look of it..
Nice??? Im pretty satisfied by it. I won't deny theres alot of mistakes with the gluing process. As you can see, there is a thick glue bit I couldn't clean off properly. Boohoo. But still satisfied anyway. This will suffice for now, til my collection grows. I am eyeing a new collection thats recently launched. 3 lil chicks. All three have different actions. Why chicks? Because they remind me of home, Brunei. How? My mom. She raises chickens, and then yeah they end up in the kitchen but anyhow, it has emotionally got me there. Damn you Swarovski hahaha.
On a side note, Skip has built me a mini monster (mini because its a lousier but still good enough tower compared to his). And yea, it will be my mind pc from now on. Laptop will be for convenience sake if I decide to bring it elsewhere with me. As of now, we are all gathered in the pink room aka Skips nest. Pink because thats how it is when we moved in and cbf painting another colour. Its rented anyway so we don't really wanna do any major changes, atleast until we buy a house as planned.
Nice? I feel so geeky lol.
And lastly, that hair dye I mentioned earlier, FINALLY arrived. After how long? 3 weeks??? And judging from my tracking application on my phone, the fella posted the item on the 18th. Thats RECENTLY and I bought that like.. 3 weeks ago. ARGH. Waited so long. Well, fear not. I just ordered another colour (I have a erm... colour I wana experiment. Lets see how it goes :D) And how long I have to wait, then you guys can know how long it will take. I bet its less than a week, or even a week tops. Can't wait!!! But anyway, heres the colour I ordered. I've coloured my hair today as well before work. The results isn't so obvious, as it made my hair less yellow from the bleach before, and more even with a nice reddish brown colour. Love it! :D
Its different because its not like every other hair dye out there. When you mix the dye and the liquid together, and start stirring, it foams up. Like shampoo foam. Then you apply like normal, even without a comb. It smells so fruity, but with a hint of ammonia, but still good enough :D Seriously, try it. Click here to visit Blush Me Up I highly recommend it! :D
Oh, I received samples as well, gonna try them out and see how it goes :D But first I need to research the items since they're mostly in Korean and Japanese lolz!
Til then, have a good weekend guys. :D
P.S: Drop me a message at the side in my Cbox. Honestly, its nice to know I have some talkative readers xD Please? :D

1 comment: